Bartlesville Choral Society (BCS) is currently accepting applications for the position of Choral Conductor.
Responsibilities(Including but not limited to)
- Audition prospective singers
- Conduct chorus and orchestra
- Rehearse choir once a week (end of August-April)
- Plan repertoire for 3 concerts per season
- Attend and participate in a monthly Board of Directors meeting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music
- Advanced work preferred
- Experience preferred
- Experience working with young people in either a church or school setting
- Choral Conductor is an independent contractor position
- Has a working Board of Directors that meet once a month
- 3 paid singers/section leaders
- 1 paid accompanist
- Performs 3 concerts per season. The BCS has also has performed at the OK Mozart Festival, performed with Signature Symphony in Tulsa, and invites school groups to sing on selected concerts
- Extensive library
- BCS rehearses at Bartlesville High School. The choir room is spacious and there are extra rooms available for sectionals.
- Performances take place at the Bartlesville Community Center (BCC). The BCC is an acoustically superb performance hall and is considered one of the finest concert halls in the country.
- Has begun the Bartlesville Youth Chorus (BYC). The BYC is a chorus for unchanged voices 4th grade-12th grade. In addition to their own concerts, they also sing with the BCS at selected concerts.
Application ProcessPlease submit the following to the Search Committee by November 1, 2017
- Recordings of previous groups conducted
- Samples of programs previously planned and conducted
Submit application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Due to email size limitations, it would be best to provide links to your recordings [Soundcloud, Youtube, etc.] rather than emailing them directly.)
Or you may physically mail application to BCS Search Committee, PO Box 283, Bartlesville, OK 74005.
Contact Susan Mueller with any questions at 918-440-6127 or send us an email at email@example.com
Samples of Past BCS Programs
- Messiah (12-6-15)
- Lights of Broadway (3-29-15)
- He Sang, She Sang (11-4-12)
- Let's Go to the Movies (4-1-12)
- Requiem (11-5-11)
- Carols and Lullabies (12-5-10)
- Carmina Burana (4-5-09)
- Passions (11-1-08)
- South of the Border (4-6-08)
- The Four Humours (11-3-07)